Saturday, January 3, 2015

A little late, but a few pics from my Christmas visit to my sisters

I stopped by VROC Alley and visited Sherm, Pat, Romy, Dave, Jim and Katy. Joe and Susan had already left for CA.

I had to pick up another set of glasses so I parked on the US side and walked across.

I passed on the booze and drugs

didn't need any trinkets either

these are the first police I have seen in Algodones

Best place for glasses according to my local authority. :)

Whew, my helmet and other stuff was still there when I got back.

No tracks on the dunes yet.

I thought those blades might hit me as I rode by, but the road turned just in time.

I think John might be running a little side business out here.


John Deere owners sure go to extremes!

The road from I-8 to Julian was fun to ride

It was the first time I have ridden a very windy road in high wind conditions. Interesting

I see Susan has been at it again! :)

This overlook is just south of Julian. That is the Salton Sea just over the hill at the low point.

There was a very nice young lady from the Netherlands that offered to take my picture.

She has been touring the US for the last six months and sleeping in her car.

She'll be heading back home in February


Looking at downtown Julian

Had to stop at Mom's for a bite to eat.


Two pies and a hot spiced apple cider.

Henderson Lake NW of Julian

Not bad for the day before Christmas

I'm supposed to meet my brother here.

He is fourteen years younger than I am so he still has to work. 

My best friend from my childhood. Tom and his wife Kathy.

My old Alma Mater. It wasn't all fenced in when I attended.

I lived in this house from the time I was six until I was nineteen.


My sister Shari and our nieces daughter Shelby

Getting ready for Christmas dinner at Barb and Steve's home.

Quick pic of sister Shari and her husband Ken before I leave for home.

Elsinore Lake. I used to ride my chopper over here often and none of those houses were there.

It is a long way down. I have seen quite a few guys jump off from here with their hang gliders in days gone by.

Just over that snow capped peak is Palm Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment